Saturday, May 22, 2004

Welcome to the ... Weekend Training!

My first post for my journal entry and it's a complaint about the company that I've been happily employed with for over five years. Well, here's my frustration:

Today's Rant
:
I work for a multi-billion dollar corporation that still can't complete training material on a regular basis without at least one obvious typo or grammatical error.
And I quote: "...by understanding what the departments goeals." If I transcribed the entire bullet point, it would be that much more confusing than it already appears to be when it's presented out of context. Big Blue earns millions upon millions of dollars in profit each year but the moron who wrote this decided to cut corners by not pressing F7. And on another note, why should I be so ecstatic about this training: "Welcome to the ... Weekend Training!" Yes, I'm so damn excited to be here 2 1/2 hours before my normal allotted shift --let alone I'm working on the weekend! Why don't you rub it in my face that there are more important people out there that have the important job of NOT PRESSING F7 during the week who are probably out riding their Seadoo in the cool morning breeze or sleeping off a hangover!

OK I'm done.

Movies I've seen over the past four days:
Time and Again - 1979; Director Nicholas Meyer (Star Trek 2: The Wrath of Khan) **
S.W.A.T. - 2003; Director Clark Johnson (Homicide, The Shield) **1/2
Once Upon a Time in the West - 1969; Director Sergio Leone (Fistful of Dollars) *****
The Last Samurai - 2003; Director Edward Zwick (Legends of the Fall) ****
Big Fish - 2003; Director Tim Burton (Sleepy Hollow) ****

I've been a busy little camper with my movies. Purchased the new super-duper version of The Good, the Bad and the Ugly. Beautiful transfer and the sound in rather good in 5.1 considering its release date was 1966. The additional scenes were a bit of an eye-opener. Not 100% certain if I really enjoyed them since I've seen the US release of the version so many times that it almost seems to take me away from the story.

However, they were placed back in since it was Leone's original intention until they cut the film for the States. By the time they re-recorded the dialogue for an obvious Italian language film, the scenes were already cut so they had to re-record new dialogue for the restored and added scenes. Clint Eastwood and Eli Wallach have done nothing but age significantly over the past 40 years, so it's obvious. What's also obvious is Angel Eye's dialogue. Since Lee Van Cleef passed away some time ago, they used a different actor.

Anyhow, I'd love to write some more but I have to get up early to set and Ad and help lead a training with grammatically incorrect material. Joy!

Adios!

No comments: