Wednesday, May 26, 2004

I clean therefore I am...

Quote of the Day:
"If you love someone, set them free; if they come home, set them on fire."

I feel rather accomplished, considering my mood meter readout. I finally decided to clean parts of the house today. It's truly amazing the amount of cat hair that can build up over the course of several months. Especially when the cat's hair is black on top of tan carpet. It develops an existence ever so slowly and much more predominate in areas of less traffic. Ick! However, there's nothing like the Zen-like feeling of accomplishing something on your day off from work. Now my only luck is that it won't rain tonight or tomorrow so I can mow the atrocious looking lawn.

The smiling sun tells me that tomorrow is to be only "party cloudy" with a high of 85 So I'll only sweat part of my ass off with the humidity.

Enough of this boring bather... I don't want to sound like someone else (and we all know who that is). This may be a journal, but it doesn't have to involve most of my regular duties as an uneventful bachelor.

On a final note, I received an email from my sister yesterday that I found rather amusing. Now most forwarded emails I usually almost immediately dispense into the trashcan before I can read the subject line. Why? Because 99.8% of them are meaningless poppycock. I have no actual verification that it's George Carlin, but it does sound like him. Take it however you want:

I Am Your Worst Nightmare. I am a BAD American. I am George Carlin.
I believe the money I make belongs to me and my family, not some mid-level governmental functionary be it Democratic or Republican!
I think owning a gun doesn't make you a killer, it makes you a smart American.
I think being a minority does not make you noble or victimized, and does not entitle you to anything.
I believe that if you are selling me a Big Mac, try to do it in English.
I think fireworks should be legal on the 4th of July.
I think that being a student doesn't give you any more enlightenment than working at Blockbuster. In fact, if your parents are footing the bill to put your pansy ass through 4 years plus of college, you haven't begun to be enlightened.
I believe everyone has a right to pray to his or her God when and where they want to.
My heroes are John Wayne, Babe Ruth, Roy Rogers, and whoever canceled the Jerry Springer Show.
I don't hate the rich. I don't pity the poor.
I know wrestling is fake and I don't waste my time arguing about it.
I've never owned a slave, or was a slave. I didn't wander forty years in the desert after getting chased out of Egypt. I haven't burned any witches or been persecuted by the Turks and neither have you! So, shut-the-Hell-up already.
I want to know which church is it exactly where the Reverend Jesse Jackson practices, where he gets his money, and why he is always part of the problem and not the solution. Can I get an AMEN on that one?
I think the cops have every right to shoot your sorry ass if you're running from them.
I also think they have the right to pull your ass over if you're breaking the law, regardless of what color you are.
I think if you are too stupid to know how a ballot works, I don't want you deciding who should be running the most powerful nation in the world for the next four years.
I believe that it doesn't take a village to raise a child, it takes two parents.
If this makes me a BAD American, then yes, I'm a BAD American.

If you found that rather entertaining and more truthful that you'd like to admit, then you'll easily find amusement in this: George Carlin's Rules to Live By.

Adios Muchachos!

No comments: