Sunday, March 5, 2006

Oscar winner George Clooney, sexiest man alive 1997, `Batman,' died today in a freak accident...

Best line in an acceptance speech for an Oscar. Ever.
Thank you, George Clooney.

Well, I just spent the last 3.5 hours watching the 78th Academy Awards.

Actually, I only spent about 2.5 hours watching it. It's a brilliant idea, to start recording the awards ceremony on your TiVo and then to start watching it about an hour later. A 60 minute late start provided myself (and the other views in the house) a great buffer for anything that we didn't want to watch, like:


  • Commercials
  • Long acceptance speeches

  • The three musical performances of songs I've never heard of until tonight

  • Skipping catagories that are extremely pointless (or ones that you never saw)
Jon Stewart didn't do that bad of a job... you could still tell that he took all of his writers from "The Daily Show" with him for his material.

Big upset, also... Crash beat out Brokeback Mountain for Best Picture. I can't feel too opinionated over the awards, since I only had the opportunity to see 2 of the 5 pictures nominated this year, so far. I saw Crash earlier last year and Munich back in December (I can't help it if I'm a Spielberg whore, ok).

Anyways, I hope you all had a great weekend. I spent mine with a friend from out of state and away from my pc and World of Warcraft. Shocked, aren't you?

Other things have happened over the past week at work that have made me extremely happy. I'm saving that post for a little later this week.

Maybe I'll even write a review. I have seem some films recently that would deserve to grace this website.

However, until that happens, enjoy what I have. Work comes early tomorrow and I need my beauty sleep... not that it does me any good.

Until next time, dear readers.

No comments: